Helping Our Neighbors Lead Healthier Lives
Visit any Ledyard branch during the month of February for a healthy snack and Like us on Facebook for more heart health tips.
Watch this video to learn how to make small changes to improve your health.
Join us at the Go Red for Women Luncheon on Friday, February 8, 2019 at the Hanover Inn, Hanover, NH. Click here for additional information and to purchase tickets online.
Improve your well-being and quality of life by changing your habits:
- QUIT SMOKING. It's the very best thing you can do for your health. As soon as you stop, your risk of heart disease and stroke drops.
- MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT. Too much body fat, especially at the waist, increases your risk for problems like high blood pressure and diabetes.
- GET ACTIVE. Finding time for just 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day can really pay off in terms of health and happiness.
- EAT BETTER. Follow recommended food guidlines for the right amount of the right nutrients.
- CONTROL CHOLESTEROL. If your cholesterol is not under 200 mg/dL, use diet, physical activity, and weight management to keep it in check.
- MANAGE BLOOD PRESSURE. To avoid the single biggest risk factor for heart disease, try to keep your blood pressure below 120/80 mm Hg.
- REDUCE BLOOD SUGAR. Even small lifestyle changes add up to slow the long-term complications of diabetes.