Helping Our Neighbors Lead Healthier Lives
Visit any Ledyard branch during the month of February for a healthy snack and Like us on Facebook for more heart health tips.
Watch this video to learn how to make small changes to improve your health.
Improve your well-being and quality of life by changing your habits:
- QUIT SMOKING. It's the very best thing you can do for your health. As soon as you stop, your risk of heart disease and stroke drops.
- MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT. Too much body fat, especially at the waist, increases your risk for problems like high blood pressure and diabetes.
- GET ACTIVE. Finding time for just 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day can really pay off in terms of health and happiness.
- EAT BETTER. Follow recommended food guidlines for the right amount of the right nutrients.
- CONTROL CHOLESTEROL. If your cholesterol is not under 200 mg/dL, use diet, physical activity, and weight management to keep it in check.
- MANAGE BLOOD PRESSURE. To avoid the single biggest risk factor for heart disease, try to keep your blood pressure below 120/80 mm Hg.
- REDUCE BLOOD SUGAR. Even small lifestyle changes add up to slow the long-term complications of diabetes.